MEETING MINUTES: 7TH DECEMBER 2020

Meeting reference: PBN Committee Meeting
Date and time:  Monday 7th December 2020 @ 6:30pm
Location:  Zoom
Purpose:    Scheduled meeting

Present: Debbie Hutchison, Megan Mailer, Rebecca Ellwood, Jan Deegan,
Apologies: Donna Bednarek

President welcome
October Minutes approved as true record.

Updates from Previous Actions:

Actions to be carried Forward:
DH reach out to Laura from Whispers of the Past & Vegan Café about membership
RE Auchterarder lady about Will writing
DB Linda from Murrays Bakers
MM make mobile number a mandatory field on membership sign up sheet so we can follow up by text or phone call.
RE chase payment for historic Volpa invoice of £800
MM upload 4th November event with Lynn McMurray
DH to chase up the old flyers and roll banner
DH to reach out to Kate Bell (Edinburgh)
DH to reach out to Dollar lady
DH confirm principal to speak in January – on going conversation.
MM to Zoom with Samantha from M.I.B about collaboration, Date to be confirmed.

Chairs report:

Reflection about online events and Book Club Launch.
Looking forward into 2021 perhaps more collaborative work.

Actions:
DH email Book club subscribers

Treasurers Report:

HSBC still to give a call back regarding the status of the new business account for PBN. MM still not had request for information.
Website Fees information shared on Teams

Action:
MM to go into HSBC branch with ID
RE to find out end date of the hosting + licensing fees
RE to contact Isobel from ASB possibly to pay historic subs.

Marketing:

ASB meeting for Presidents and V.P. was virtually attended by MM, lots of groups taking a step back from hosting events due to decline in demand. Using this ‘time out’ to re group and pull together strategies and ideas for the coming year. Discussions and proposal to be sent out around Ltd potential statues for ASB just in case it effects individual affiliate groups constitutions. Process being drawn up by ASB on how to apply discount membership with additional associate groups.

RE sister Grace would be very keen to assist and support PBN whilst she is on furlough

Strategy Meeting to be set up mid January, topics for discussion to include:
Think of new phrases and values for website
Marketing proposal for 2021
Each committee member do a wee introduction video of our day job, our own challenges that we face in business / life etc and our role within the committee.

Action:

Grace to be introduced to PBN and a list of contacts and ‘script’ for contacting current members with what plans we have and the benefits from PBN.
JD to contact Ann Johnstone for ASB benefits
MM upload graphics on to Teams or add DH to Canva Account
MM list on the website all Networking events for 1st quarter

Events:

Book Club launch – keep it simple and not use break out rooms when under 10 participants. Allow Fife to take lead the next session with their own suggestion of title.
Final Friday event every month
Action:
JD to share 2021 dates for committee meetings.
DH to reach out to Kristine Haga as a host speaker

Meeting closed.

Next committee meeting to be held on Monday 8th February 2020 @ 6:30pm – Zoom