November 6, 2017

Present:

 

Apologies:

Jane Rennie (Chair), Livvy Pardoe (Treasurer/Minutes), Claire McFarlane, Tricia Fox, Georgina Coleman, Caroline Mackintosh

Debbie Fellows, Alison Lowson, Olivia Robertson, Natalie Bolland, Karen McRostie

 

  1. Announcements & Chair’s Report

JR informed the Committee that both Georgina Coleman and Caroline Mackintosh will be joining the meeting later to be voted onto the Committee.  JR had received an email from Donna Causton stepping down as Minutes Secretary, but was still awaiting a response from Natalie Bolland following a request to also step down due to non-attendance. Action:  JR to follow up with Natalie.

  1. Treasurer’s Report

Bank update: LP is now a signatory on the account.  Heather Borderie (ex Treasurer) and Sara Wood (ex Chair) cannot be removed as signatories until the process is complete.  Likewise, the change of address.  LP suggested that DF be added as a second signatory at which time both previous members can be removed.  Action: LP to collect additional signatory form for DF to complete.  LP to visit branch of BoS to complete account changes and inform new address for correspondence.

  1. Events
  • 20th Anniversary Party: Tuesday, December 5, Grayson’s Wine Bar. Bookings stand at 13.  All previous actions completed, cake confirmed.  Action: TF to boost event on FB/Twitter. CMcF to confirm numbers to the venue one week prior.
  • Striving for Excellence:
    • The Big Business Breakfast: November 15 – All progressing well and numbers increasing. Currently, 31 paid tickets plus 10 FOC are confirmed to attend. CMcF informed that Perth Racecourse were willing to offer a partial refund in pre-payment due to less than expected ticket sales. Action: TF to check on funding payment from Business Gateway and inform LP if further action is required. CMcF to confirm numbers to Perth Racecourse. LP to confirm refund from venue at next meeting.
  • Business Breakfast/Wine Down: Received feedback from Georgina about hosting responsibilities. Prior to joining the Committee, she attended a BB ‘incognito’ to provide insight into her experience.  It is clear that as a Committee we need to be more proactive in introducing ourselves and ensuring all attendees are spoken to.  JR suggested we wear a name badge, or lanyard to distinguish Committee Members. Action: TF to source/design badges (x10) with new logo ready for 20th Anniversary Party.
  1. Website/Social Media

TF confirmed that new website will be launched at Anniversary Party – along with new logo.  She previewed the site, which it was agreed, is a significant improvement!  Action: TF to continue tweaking and testing and JR to compile past CM Minutes for uploading.

  1. Marketing/PR
  • Striving for Excellence: Ongoing Action: PBN needs to step up marketing activity to kick start slow ticket sales.
  • Membership Pack: DF (by email) reviewed membership pack and agreed that there is a lot of irrelevant information included. Committee agreed that all information should be available on the new website for new members to access themselves.  Agreed that there should be a ‘fun’ questionnaire in the style “10 things you didn’t know…” to introduce members on the website to avoid lengthy ‘CV’ style profiles. Action: DF to update next committee meeting and TF to add this to the new site.
  1. O.B
  • ASB: OR attended the ASB AGM at Dunkeld on Nov 4th, and informed Committee via email of the outcomes. ASB have appointed a new Committee Member (Louise Medve) who is tasked with Affiliate Liaison.  Each affiliate will nominate a single point of contact moving forward and OR has agreed to take up this role.
  • Joining Forms: It was agreed that these should be available at every event. Action: LP to design an A5 form to gather data for follow-up by the Membership Committee
  • Pop-up Banners: It was agreed that we require 2 x banners to promote PBN at our events. Action: TF to design and cost.
  • Committee Meetings: Moving forward, we will alternate meeting times/venue between evening and lunchtimes to ensure maximum attendance. Both DF and TF have offered their offices for the lunchtime meeting, the first of which will be out next meeting. Action: JR to send revised meeting request/calendar invitation by email.
  • Event Venues: All CMs will compile a list of potential venues for future events. GC will take point as our Events Coordinator moving forward.

Meeting closed at 7.40pm

Next meeting: December 1, 2017; 12.30pm; Volpa office, Perth.

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *