Let’s try something a little different…Nordic Walking Networking!
Come along for a taster of the fastest growing outdoor exercise programme in the UK, Nordic Walking.
Tuesday 22nd March, 12noon – 2pm, Bells Sports Centre, Perth
A full body exercise technique that turns every walk into a workout, get results fast, gain fitness, lose weight, your fitness goals can be achieved in a fun way in the best gym of all – the great outdoors!
Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking – it makes something we can all do… twice as effective! Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking:
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along Nordic Walking has grown into a popular way for people of all ages and fitness levels to gain fitness, tone up, lose weight and improve their health. Unlike when trekking or rambling, Nordic Walking poles are planted behind you in order to propel you along. This engages the upper body and the core and makes you feel lighter on your feet, which has four major advantages.
- You use 90% of your major muscles so your upper body gets toned as well as your legs and backside!
- You can burn 20–40% extra calories by using the poles – this can really help with weight loss
- It takes the pressure off your knees and joints and is great for back, knee, hip and neck problems
- You can get the most out of even a fairly short walk!
- Get a taste of how the whole body is mobilized and why you need to take time to learn the correct technique!
Walking has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety, improve self-esteem and boost self-confidence and has recently been shown to significantly boost brain health…from improving memory to learning ability to concentration to cutting your risk of stroke in half. So physical exercise in the form of walking is perhaps the easiest way to help your brain – and your physical health at the same time It clears the mind, encourages reflection and assists in the generation of new ideas.
It’s time to get out of the office and let’s get Networking on the move!