Perthshire Businesswomen’s Network requires a co-ordinator to assist the committee in carrying out the day-to-day duties of our growing network. The post is a 6-month supplier contract which we believe offers an excellent opportunity for the suitable candidate to become involved with one of Perth’s longest-standing business networks.
The successful candidate will:
- Be in a position to sign a 6 month contract, billing the network monthly in arrears. This contract will be reviewed at the end of 5 months and, we hope, signed on a six monthly basis thereafter.
- Working from home or own office provide their own computer, internet connection and telephone line.
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office and a preferred knowledge of updating a WordPress website, using mailchimp or similar mailing system and managing web-based email.
- Have strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
The Basic Duties:
- Collating event bookings via our web–based booking system and distributing this information to members and committee on a timely basis.
- Managing the email: answering members’ e-mail communication or forwarding it to committee members for action, deleting spam / irrelevant mail, identifying and sorting members’ stories for forwarding to committee and/or membership or for placing on the website.
- Reformatting Microsoft Word based text into a Mailchimp newsletter AND e-mailing members with the Newsletter and event news, both of which to be carried out monthly.
- Administering and updating the WordPress website and blog: to include uploading pre-written copy and suitable photographs, proof-reading these and linking to other appropriate websites
- Liaising with the working groups and committee to ensure all information held on the website is current
- Any other duties within reason that the committee requires and / or the smooth running of the network dictates
- Any duties the successful candidate believes would enhance the network’s service to its members
- All duties must be carried out with the network’s monthly deadlines
We would require this person to be, or to be willing to become, a member of PBN. There is no requirement for this person, as part of the role, to attend committee meetings, or indeed the monthly networking meetings but we would hope that they would be an active member using PBN to promote their own business / services.
Applicants are requested to provide an application/tender document that includes:
- An outline of your skills base in relation to the above brief
- A pitch that will demonstrate why you think you are the best person for the job. Please do feel free to offer ideas or observations that you may have re PBN.
- The budget for this contract is £200 per month. We would like you to outline how this budget would be allocated against your time and duties (a loose plan is suitable).
- Two professional references that we can contact before award of contract
Should you have any questions relating to this tender brief please email us at the usual address of email@example.com. We will endeavour to answer you within 48 hours.
We require all tender documents to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28th April at noon.
We will make a shortlist of three candidates who will be interviewed week commencing Monday 5th May.
We will award the contract by Friday 16th May.
Training on our systems will be given week commencing May 19th – this is provided free of charge and we do not expect to be billed for your time here.
The role will start on June 1st
Please note: Should the membership fall below 40 people at any time we reserve the right to withdraw the contract with one month’s notice. Outwith this we will offer two months’ notice and require the same commitment in return. We are committed to paying all invoices within seven days. A contract with full details of both parties’ obligations will be presented on our offer of contract to the successful candidate. You will have 5 days to accept or reject this.